Garden Junk

A community of garden artists
Welcome to Garden Junk Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Newbies, Come here and introduce yourselves..

Last post 06-11-2014, 2:00 AM by Dottie. 182 replies.
Page 2 of 13 (183 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-26-2007, 2:56 PM 2773 in reply to 2631

Re: Newbies, Come here and introduce yourselves..

Hello all!

My name is Dottie also, but I decided to stick with my usual screen name of Adina so as not to get confused with the creator of this board.  I lurked mainly on the MSN site and recently started posting more at Dave's Garden and Garden Web as I finally have time to create more junk, but I have been a member of all the boards for quite a few years now.

Hubby and I live in Central NY.  When we moved here in 2001, our one-acre lot was pretty bare, so we have spent the last 6 years putting in new gardens and planting trees and shrubs.  Now that planting has slowed a bit, I have more time to create art for the gardens.  I am currently into bowling balls, mosaics, making stuff out of copper, and am going to start working on some glass totems soon.

Another Dottie, but I live in Central New York

Visit our website with pictures of our gardens and craft projects.
    www.gardensandcrafts.com
  •  03-27-2007, 3:18 PM 2806 in reply to 2631

Yep, it's me, Ol' Stellar... Not EGGZACKERY a noob, but I made it here!Geeked

The site is looking great and I KNOW SUMBUNNY has put in some LONG hours and burned a LOTTA midnight oil to make this site fly! Great work, y'all! Stick out tongueBig Smile

Here's to everyone who worked so hard on this project!!

"Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
    Happiness never decreases by being shared."
    Buddha
  •  03-27-2007, 7:04 PM 2811 in reply to 2806

Lyndy, not a newbie exactly, had to rejoin to get on. More a lurker than a poster on the old board. I'll try to do better here.

Dottie from Magalia..LOL..I didn't know you lived in Magalia. Is Whiskey Flats still there?  

Me? Former CA native, formerly of Pair-o-dice, living in  NH for over 20 years now..

•  03-28-2007, 3:37 AM 2821 in reply to 2811

Hi Lyndy,

We've been in Magalia for a yr now..we were in Chico for 14 yrs..we love it in the pines... I still work in Chico though...not sure about Whisky Flats. Haven't heard of it..but then I haven't explored a whole lot either...wow, you are a long way from here....

Cheers, Dottie

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you...

http://wrightspecialties.blogspot.com/
    http://vimeo.com/2163435
  •  03-28-2007, 6:52 PM 2834 in reply to 2631

I'm Kathy, from Nova Scotia, Canada. I haven't been active on this site all winter, was depressed for over a month, but I'm coming out of it now. Spring is arriving, the weather is slowly getting warmer and things are starting to grow. I'll soon be back to work. I work in a garden center, plus I do some gardening and landscape design for others.

Looking forward to getting some new ideas. I've been painting a few clay pots to make into birdbaths, plus some tins, various shapes and sizes.

Kathy

•  03-29-2007, 8:28 AM 2855 in reply to 2821

Dottie, If you were an old timer in Magalia, you'd know. Site of a commune in the '70s. OS lives and works in Chico. I get out there every couple years.I'm pretty acclimated to small town New England now. The hardest thing was learning to work around the climate and short growing season in my garden.
  •  03-30-2007, 4:36 PM 2911 in reply to 2773

Hello everyone. My old online name was textilejo in the old forum that I was a membe rof since it's beginning but since I'm no longer working in the textile  job I thought a new name was in orderBig Smile so I'm now GrammieJo.

I live in Nova Scotia, Canada. I love my gardens and I have a lot of plants to keep me busy. We also have a pond with many goldfish that make the garden even more of a place I never want to leave. Of course no garden would be right without all the "creations" that I makeWink

To me the best part is in finding things to recreate into something perfect for the yard and gardens. I find that with work and now with spring arriving my time online is limited but I do try to visit the forums whenever I can.

I enjoy seeing all the wonderful things this talented group of people create!! 

•  03-31-2007, 1:28 PM 2919 in reply to 2631

Hi Im Cindee I was a member on the old site and also a member of another garden junk site. Just wanted to say hi and check out all the goodies here(-; I am from Redding. California.
  •  04-01-2007, 3:28 AM 2925 in reply to 2919

Wow, Hi Cindee, finally someone from Calif!! Welcome....I'm only a couple hrs away, just up from Chico! Dottie

•  04-01-2007, 7:45 AM 2929 in reply to 2631

Congratulations on the site, took me a while and a name change to adjust from other site (also a great place to be) I too 'lurk' about enjoying all the creative works, and learning how to do it.  I will try to contribute. But I love to lurk. I mostly do garden mosaics and mess about with wire. Thanks for the opportunity to join in. cheers all
  •  04-01-2007, 5:35 PM 2945 in reply to 2929

Simojunk, we'd love to see your stuff!!!!! Gotta link to a photo album?

•  04-04-2007, 11:01 AM 2994 in reply to 2631

Hello everyone ,I'm Bob and I live out in the sticks outside f Burks Falls,Ontario in a tiny community known as Chetwynd.I was a member at the old group but haven't posted there in a long time .I'm huge into gardening and am working towards getting a garden centre-outdoor centre going here on a small farm I purchased about 6 yrs ago.Other than gardening I'm into building "Stuff" and have an acute intrest in old "Stuff".I love to work with natural materials and love to incorporate "old stuff" into my projects where possible.The farm I bought has been around here since 1857 so finding "Old Stuff" is no object,it's amazing the "Stuff" people leave behind over the years .I have 3 dogs and we spend as much time as possible outdoors doing anything and everything lol.Right now although this is the worse year I have ever seen I'm producing Maple Syrup but soon the ground will be ready to get planting again and transplanting alot of the varieties left here on the farm over the years that have gone rampant lol.Will have to have a look around this new site and see if I can't post a few pics of different projects I have pictures of to share with you all.I look foreward to spending more time in here than I had been and hopefully can share some of my work with you.

Burks Falls Bob Smile

•  04-04-2007, 7:02 PM 3006 in reply to 2631

Hi! I'm Lisa from Michigan. I've been a lurker at the msn site for a while under the name of raeofsunnn, i dropped some n's here lol. Rae's my middle name and some friends gave me the sun part. I had stepping stone fever last year and now i'm itching to do a bowling ball. I just love looking at all the creative stuff you all have done! I'm not sure how crafty I am but we'll see
  •  04-09-2007, 6:59 PM 3092 in reply to 2631

Greetings from the heart of  Iowa.  My name is Debora (Debbie); I'm a nurse. I was at another garden junk site until a read a post about where obviously most of you went.  Here I am most of time lurking unless I suprise myself and add to the posts

Nice seeing some of your names again even though some of you have changed your names. This will take me some time to learn to navigate.

Debbie

.(*_*).

•  04-11-2007, 4:10 PM 3120 in reply to 2631

Hello everyone. My name is Mary and I live in Missouri. Been gardening for 20+ years and creating garden decorations for about 5 now. I'm 47, 3 adult children and a recent empty nester. Just my hubby and 4 dogs now. Sure is hard to get use to the kids gone.

I look forward to see all of your creations and sharing some of mine. Will post some pictures after I read the directions.

I do have some picts from a couple years ago at webshotscom under the name msponddreller if you would like to see those. Excuse the finger in the pics( oh my that didnt sound right)  lol. That was our first camera..alittle stick one and was really hard to use. Have since got 2 better ones.

Well happy gardening and junking to all. Lets go play in the dirt now  :)

MarySmile 

Page 2 of 13 (183 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
View as RSS news feed in XML