Garden Junk

A community of garden artists
Welcome to Garden Junk Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Newbies, Come here and introduce yourselves..

Last post 06-11-2014, 2:00 AM by Dottie. 182 replies.
Page 3 of 13 (183 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-12-2007, 1:19 PM 3146 in reply to 2773

Re: Newbies, Come here and introduce yourselves..

Ok..here I go...

I'm Denise, 34, married mom to 2 (12 g and 5 b). I used to be a member at the MSN group but mostly lurked as well. I want to be part of this group, it's a friendly bunch!Geeked So.....I hope to learn from you all and hopefully you from me, even if it's just a little....lol....

I love gardening, it's my passion. Just that living in South TX, makes it a bit harder. I don't give up though! It would be nice to find someone from my area so we can share ideas. None of my friends are into gardening, so whatever I do or learn is from my online friends but none are from my area either.

•  04-12-2007, 1:33 PM 3147 in reply to 2631

Cool [H] Re: Newbies, Come here and introduce yourselves..

Hi Everyone!  Just stopping by to say hi, and although I don't check in often enough, I love what you 'active' participants are always coming up with.
    As soon as I find a 'round tuit' I'll put together my tipsy pots for the season, but don't hold your breath.
    It's still snowing here in NH (will it EVER stop?!), but I have no excuse for not making more use of the 'junk time' I've had all winter.
    Great looking site, Dottie!

•  04-26-2007, 12:35 AM 3316 in reply to 2631

Hi, Everyone!  I really like the new site.  Thanks for letting me know about the move.  I didn't visit the old one as often as I'd have liked to -- my computer hated MSN.  If I did manage to log in, my old dial-up took forever to browse each page, each picture, etc, and then usually managed to freeze up!  What's up with that?  This site is much more user friendly and attractive and I hope to visit often.  You are such an inspirational bunch.  Love your projects!  Thanks for sharing with me.      Jan

•  04-27-2007, 5:24 PM 3327 in reply to 3316

Smile Hello everyone!! I had to rejoin to post.. I do visit often ,and get many great ideas,to try... Aleta
  •  04-29-2007, 9:42 AM 3350 in reply to 2631

Hi...I'm Marilyn. I have been around GW and other internet forums for a long time, so know some of you. I am no stranger to junk. I am better at dragging it home than creating new stuff with it. I love anything that will rust or paint peels off of.   Collect plant stands and interesting pots and anything garden related.   Love plants, raise waterlilies but also love unusual plants and tropicals.   I am 60 years old, live near Galveston, Texas.   I am a wildlife rehabber and I specialize in possums.   I feel like they are a lot like me....misunderstood scavengers.Smile   Looking forward to this forum.
  •  04-29-2007, 5:45 PM 3352 in reply to 2631

Sorry Double post and lots of spelling errors... Hugs Maggie
  •  04-29-2007, 5:48 PM 3353 in reply to 2631

Helloooooooo to All at the new Garden Junk Forum...Glad I found it again..I have been

MIA for along time...( I opened a small home based buisiness) whcih keeps me very busy..Getting ready for

the local Farmers Market that starts the long weekend in MAY...I am excited to see  my  customers...

I was on the the old board along time ago...AKA redesigningemerald...

My life has been way to busy....Glad to be back!!!!!!!!! Spring has Sprung!!!

and my garden needs tending to...Gotta checkout everyones albums to get the creative juices flowing!!!

Big Wave to Lady Helen....How are you doing?

Hugs Maggie

•  04-30-2007, 1:09 AM 3363 in reply to 2631

Hi all! I belonged to the old site but was just a lurker, enjoy everyones pics! Inspired to create. Love to make something out of junk!
  •  05-01-2007, 11:09 AM 3378 in reply to 3363

Nice to read these posts, and I do hope you all will share photos of your creations.

We love eye candy because it inspires us. YesYes

p.s. Maggie if you are still making soaps and are interested in bartering for a stained glass suncatcher just send me a private message.

Live and learn, as it keeps life interesting!
  •  05-02-2007, 10:41 AM 3398 in reply to 3378

Hi Lady Helen sent you a pm... Hugs Maggie
  •  05-03-2007, 9:10 AM 3418 in reply to 3120

Hello and welcome to our new home.

Please start posting photos of your creations, because now is the right  time of the year to inspire others. It's time to figure out what to make, and gather supplies.

We all just love eye candy, and you just never know when you will inspire someone else. Smile

I

Live and learn, as it keeps life interesting!
  •  05-04-2007, 9:26 AM 3438 in reply to 3418

Hi there,

I just joined the group - actually, I got a link to the MSN group, which lead me here.....Is the MSN group going to not exist anymore, or is this just a second Garden Junk group?

Anyway, my name is Kathy, I'm 35, married, and a Mom to 3 kids - 12, 10, and 8.  We live along the Alberta/Saskatchewan border in Canada.  I got my love for flowers and gardening from my Mom who passed away nearly 2 years ago after a very brief battle with cancer.  I miss her every day, and like to think that she'd be happy that she instilled such a desire to garden in me.

She would have LOVED this site and the ideas from it - we used to bowl and I still have her bowling balls and had been thinking that I would like to try making a garden gazing ball for myself and one for my Dad from them.  After seeing the inspiration here, I know there are TONS of ideas!  Of course, ours are only 5 pin balls so they are smaller, but the idea is still the same.

I'm looking forward to meeting some new people, and hopefully I can contribute something to the group!

•  05-04-2007, 1:41 PM 3440 in reply to 3438

OL, so glad to have you here. I don't think there are plans to shut down the msn site. We opened this site because there were so many who could not get in on msn for various reasons. We had the opportunity to get this site, took a vote and went for it...msn is still home to some who don't find this one as easy to navigate, which is too bad because once they get the hang of it we have had such positive feedback.

Anyhoo..... does Canada have a different set up for bowling? I've never heard of a 5 pin ball.It would be cool to have different sizes... I can see it now, a totem pole of mosaiced bowling balls ten or fifteen feet high!!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you...

http://wrightspecialties.blogspot.com/
    http://vimeo.com/2163435
  •  05-10-2007, 6:39 PM 3553 in reply to 3440

Hi!  I'm Nikki and I'm from North Pole, Alaska.  I joined the MSN site last year, and then the snow came and I got distracted by a lot of other projects around the house and with my digital art.  Now the snow is finally gone and I have gotten my greenhouse cleared out and my seeds started and have wandered back to find the new site :)
  •  05-14-2007, 7:06 PM 3603 in reply to 2631

I'm a newbie to this site, but really just a lurker with MS from the msn site.  Just got a house!  Move in June 1st.  Posted a pic of the house on my personal blog. www.makerofstuff.blogspot.com as I couldn't figure out what to do with the blog area in here.  I'll work it out in a couple of days thought.  The house was built in 1927.  She's red, white, and green... not to patriotic.  Bigger than she looks... that sun porch is about 40' across.

Started on drawing up the plans for a water feature that will also be something for height.  More spill basins and sounding rocks with a butterfly muddle to my little gold fish pond.

Looking forward to many years of putzing in the garden.  Started putting together the framework for a hypertufa trough.... the ideas just keep coming.

LOL

Jayde

who is really still Margaret aka Catshadow

Page 3 of 13 (183 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
View as RSS news feed in XML