Garden Junk

A community of garden artists
Welcome to Garden Junk Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Let The Games Begin

Last post 03-03-2007, 1:42 PM by briarrose. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-01-2007, 4:08 PM 2056

Let The Games Begin

Attachment: daylillies07.jpg

I know some of you are still stuck under inches or several feet of snow, but I want you to have hope.  We have had several weeks of 60 & 70 degree weather here in Oklahoma, so mother natures has decided to show a little bit of her stuff.  I know we will probably have 2 or 3 cold snaps between now and "real" spring, but this is what she has given me so far and I am excited just like every other spring.

When the wind blew all the leaves off my day lilly bed, low and behold they were coming up.  They didn't bloom very well the last two years, so I dug the bed up, added compost and replanted (after sharing 250 starts with friends).  You can probably see the reason for the pine cones in the bed (it's the little yellow head in the corner.  She thought I had made her a brand new litter bed.

•  03-01-2007, 4:51 PM 2059 in reply to 2056

Re: Let The Games Begin

I use pine cones for the same reason!  It really works although some young smarties think they are toys and bat them around the yard.

"Failure is not an option. It is a privilege reserved only for those who try."
  •  03-03-2007, 1:42 PM 2197 in reply to 2059

Re: Let The Games Begin

That is very interesting!  I would never have thought of doing that.  We don't have a cat, and no problems with cats, but I'm filing this idea away just in case.

Be Safe,

View as RSS news feed in XML