Garden Junk

A community of garden artists
Welcome to Garden Junk Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Newbies, Come here and introduce yourselves..

Last post 06-11-2014, 2:00 AM by Dottie. 182 replies.
Page 1 of 13 (183 items)   1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-22-2007, 4:24 AM 2631

Newbies, Come here and introduce yourselves..

We want to get to know you ....
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you...

http://wrightspecialties.blogspot.com/
    http://vimeo.com/2163435
  •  03-22-2007, 6:51 AM 2633 in reply to 2631

Re: Newbies, Come here and introduce yourselves..

Howdy-hey!!... it's me, Ellis..... new name.... no clue what I was before, at this point!.... nice digs, folks!.... sorry to see the old site go, but thrilled to have the chance to start fresh on this one!!

you guys had me hooked from the first day I stumbled onto the site.... and when I won the very first 'contest' with old "Seedyman", well, you couldn't have gotten a firmer believer in the joys of Garden Junk!!!...

I've been out of touch for a while, but that's cuz I haven't been junkin' much.... too busy getting last kid out of college and the house redecorated and the garden spruced up some!!... but it's time now to get back and rediscover the joy......

hope I get to see lots of familiar and NEW names!!.... hugs to all the old buddies!!!...

(AKA "Ellis")

You don't have a soul. You ARE a soul. You have a body. - C.S. Lewis
  •  03-22-2007, 2:30 PM 2646 in reply to 2633

Welcome back! We always like to see returning  members!Put on your junkin' clothes and 'rediscover'--LOL

•  03-22-2007, 6:04 PM 2648 in reply to 2646

Hi Ellis,   Sure we know you - us old biddies have great memories except for the senior moments here - lol - great to hear from you - if I remember correctly you made baby quiltrs did u not??????? - take care - hugs - Isabel (BELLA)
  •  03-23-2007, 7:45 AM 2672 in reply to 2648

Hiya, nona and Bella!!.... no, Bella, I'm not that good!!... LOL!!... I made one of everything you guys posted!!.. ha!... I'm only famous for SEEDYMAN, the winner of the first contest!.... and YOU sent me that sweet little china birdhouse in a swap.... I was so excited to get something from Australia!!!... and it's still out there on the arbor!!....

gotta go look and see if I've got any good junk lately to show ya!!... later, sweets!!

(AKA "Ellis")

You don't have a soul. You ARE a soul. You have a body. - C.S. Lewis
  •  03-23-2007, 9:47 AM 2679 in reply to 2631

This is WONDERFUL!

I used to hang out on the old forum quite a bit.I think I was 'Lemonbalm'...maybe...

Anyway, I was THRILLED to get the notice about this new spot!  It is an AWESOME idea!  Thank you sooo much!  I hope I can stop by here frequently!

Here's a link to some of my 'garden junk':

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/74796931KrYMZN

Fondly, Jude in South Jersey 

Fondly, Jude in South Jersey
  •  03-23-2007, 9:53 AM 2680 in reply to 2679

I used to lurk in the old group... I think I posted once a LONG time ago... I will look things over here in the next few days...
  •  03-23-2007, 6:06 PM 2686 in reply to 2631

Hi....thanks for the heads up on your near site.  I took a quick look around and it is very nice.  This is the OLD Enjoli back with an e.  I have been away a few years (so much has happened!) but there are many of you that I have thought of often.  I don't read alot so I don't know how to put my picture with my name OR change my password to something I can remember.  If I can find my way back again I wlll be looking forward to seeing what you guys have been up to.
    Imagine.....
  •  03-23-2007, 6:09 PM 2687 in reply to 2648

Hi Bella, I made the baby quilts and it so nice to finally "see" you!
    Imagine.....
  •  03-23-2007, 9:31 PM 2690 in reply to 2631

Hey ya'll, I just registered here. I got the email and high-tailed it over here to get caught up. I haven't been active on the old site lately. Just got tired of fighting with MSN. I was always getting the dreaded message about log-in invalid, then I have to go thru "help" and get signed back in. anyway, I don't think that will be happening here.

My name is Cathy and I live in Jesup, GA. We are having some beautiful weather. I've been out planting some peas today. Also having to put up a rope fence. TThis weekend, there will be the Dogwood Festival in the park behind our house and folks think my yard (and all my neighbors) is a perfect parking lot. Sheesh, no respect.

Hubby, Billy, and I are pre-1840, Colonial reenactors. Billy is a blacksmith and leather worker. (I'll put up some pics of stuff he makes). I make soap, dip candles, sew, Colonial cooking, bead, etc.... We were doing events all over the south east states but had to cut back a couple years ago. I was diagnosed with rhumatoid artritis (sp) and couldn't travel very well. I was doing the meds thing but now just do honey and vinegar. I am 90% better. Still a pinch every now and then. I can't wait to get back on the road. We're going to wait till Billy retires, again.

I have to get some pictures loaded. I've been working on gourds and sewing and........little bit of everything else. hehe. Ya'll have many nice things on here. I get so many ideas. Hope I have time to try them all. I'll have to live to be 120 to get it all done.

My avatar is a recent make. I have some other things made but have them listed for sale. Guess I better post this - it's turning into a book. Got to go do some sewing anyway or maybe put up a few pics. Ya'll take care, Cathy

May the wind be always at your back and the road rise up to meet your feet.
  •  03-24-2007, 10:47 AM 2708 in reply to 2690

Good morning everyone. I have been around since June 28, 2003, but lately have not been too active. Been too busy with other things, like redecorating the house, travelling, etc. Not too much time for junking as such. We used to pick up a lot of good stuff from the dump, but now they have stopped our fun. They stand  there like they are guarding the crown jewells. Spoiled all our fun. I don't know where I am going to get my good stuff now! I am still getting used to this site, not sure about it yet. I'm sure I will find my way around when I have more time to sit and play.
  •  03-24-2007, 6:21 PM 2715 in reply to 2631

Uh.....duhhhhhhh....I think I forgot  how to do this!  Hi to all my old friends.  Will probably lurk - If you read my updated profile you'll know why!- but want you to know you're in my heart. 

Hugs

Nym

Nym!
  •  03-24-2007, 11:08 PM 2731 in reply to 2715

Hello Junkers!!!

It has been a long time since I hung out here~so thankful to get the invite!!

When I hung out at the old site I was "CraftyGal".......I still have the hat from the recycle bag swap! Wink

Haven't been doing much junking but while cleaning out the shed I did find my collection of bowling balls that I had planned on "gemming" up!

I am off to check things out~boy I didn't realize just how much I missed y'all!!!

Blessings~

mgf~Paradise

•  03-25-2007, 12:14 AM 2733 in reply to 2631

Hi!  I don't think I ever posted on MSN (just lurked) , but I have occasionally on the Garden Web Garden Junk forum.  :)

Amy (Amesly) 

If you're happy and you know it drop your pants!
  •  03-25-2007, 10:13 PM 2755 in reply to 2631

Hi -- My name is Debbie and I'm from Central Illinois.  I was a lurker on the old site but got so many wonderful ideas.  I have made several bowling balls and have collected several purple wine bottles to make either a bottle tree or thought I would make wind chimes with them. 

Page 1 of 13 (183 items)   1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
View as RSS news feed in XML